This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of cleancult®. All opinions are 100% mine.
If you know me well, you know that keeping a clean, uncluttered abode makes me really, really happy. A clean uncluttered space not only gives me a clean, uncluttered mind, it really makes our house feel like home to me, and that’s never been more true than it is today. Cleaning products and safe, thorough cleaning practices are top of mind for almost everyone right now due to current events, and now that we’re hunkering down at home, those topics have never had more of my attention, which I’m sure is true for so many of you, too. I’ve shared some of our cleaning tips, tricks and hacks here on the blog before, but over the last year or so something bigger on the cleaning front has crept into my consciousness that I’m almost embarrassed to say wasn’t necessarily at the forefront of my mind in year’s past – “green” or non-toxic cleaning. Specifically, the revelation that all of the chemicals and products I’ve been using to clean my home regularly, for years, aren’t necessarily “clean” and may be doing more harm than good, and I know that I’m not alone in examining that with more seriousness as of late. So many of us have been taking a closer look at the cleaning products we use in and around our homes – how they’re made, what’s in them, how they’re disposed of and the impact on not only our family’s health and wellness, but the environment at large.
I know I know. The prospect of combing through your cleaning supplies or surfing the aisles at the store and trying to accurately figure out what’s “good” and what’s not so good is daunting, to say the least. But have no fear! You guys know that this is a positive, solution-driven space where we would never lead you down a doom and gloom path without some well-researched resolution. That’s not what we do here! We’re all about serving up solutions to your biggest home conundrums and headaches around here. You guys have questions, we have answers, and after tons and tons of thought, research and careful consideration we feel like we’ve finally found a green cleaning routine that’s as streamlined and simple as it is effective – cleancult®!
So here’s the deal. One of the things that I’ve realized is so important when I’m trying to navigate the world of “green” cleaning products is how hard it is to find straightforward, in-depth information. I don’t want half of the story. I don’t want a tagline. I want all of the facts, up front. I want to know what’s in said products, how they’re made, where they’re made and what their sustainability model looks like so I can make a fully informed decision before I buy. I also don’t want to have to go to the ends of the Earth to find that information, either. I need transparency! Which is why I absolutely love how straightforward cleancult is about what’s in their products, their sustainability model and so much more and that they want to make it as easy as possible for you to be informed before make the decision to bring their non-toxic products into your home. Refreshing, right?
What’s more, they also want to help make your cleaning routine as streamlined, simple and sustainable as possible, which is something that’s so important to me. When I’m shifting into serious spring cleaning mode this season, I don’t want to have to drive to 15 stores or order from tons of different websites to get an effective, thorough non-toxic clean. I want a one-stop-shop that makes rounding up an effective and safe spring cleaning arsenal easy breezy, ya know? Which is why I couldn’t love their customizable, subscription-based model more. I’m going to be honest and say that I don’t do a lot of “subscriptions” and don’t love the idea of being locked into something that doesn’t serve my needs long-term. It goes against every fiber of my practical being. Which is why I love that cleancult recognizes that no two households are alike! That was a game-changer for me. If you have two or more bathrooms, more frequent laundry days, a dishwasher-less kitchen, etc. you can customize your shipment assortments to better fit your day-to-day cleaning without feeling trapped in a subscription cycle that doesn’t fit your needs. Win!
There’s one other little thing that I know that for some of you might be low on the priority list when it comes to your household cleaning supplies, but you guys know that around here, form is almost as important as function. I want it all, ok? I want cleaning products that feel at home in the space we’ve so carefully curated, not stand out like a sore, plastic-clad thumb. Is that so much to ask? No, no it’s not. Just another reason I fell in love with cleancult! I’m obsessed with their simple, pretty reusable glass and silicone bottles – I chose the off white containers, but also absolutely love their other fun colors for the more colorful abode. How awesome do these look in our kitchen? Chris rarely comments on the home items that show up in our house, and when he came home from work the other day, without prompting, he walked over to the kitchen sink, picked up the dish liquid bottle, inspected it and said, “These are awesome!” That’s a husband two-thumbs-up right there! The glass also happens to be 3mm thick, shatter-resistant and dishwasher safe. The frosted glass also means that it’s easy to keep clean and keep streak-free, so it’s not fussy, which speaks straight to my unfussy heart. The silicone is also incredibly long-lasting, resists melting, warping, breaking and of course, is also dishwasher safe, and because I know this will be on your mind (rightfully so), rest assured that it’s also BPA free, odorless, hypoallergenic and resistant to bacteria, as well as stain-resistant. If by the rare chance there comes a time that you need to dispose of your silicone, unlike plastic, silicone can be incinerated safely without toxic off-gassing and it doesn’t become microplastics. Basically, cleancult is on a mission to make these containers the last cleaning product containers you’ll ever buy, and that sounds pretty good to me!
Looks aside, this stuff just plain smells heavenly. When I say heavenly, I mean that on first pump and squirt it was like the entire kitchen immediately smelled fresher than . I think it’s important to note that we’ve tried a few non-toxic, green cleaning products that has the funkiest smell that didn’t seem to mesh well with grit and grime. I don’t claim to have any idea why that is, but long story short those didn’t make the cut. In all honesty, if a surface, a dish, my hands or a room doesn’t smell fresher than fresh when I’m done cleaning, it’s not for me. The bundle I have includes orange zest, lemongrass and lavender scents and it’s beyond delightful. I think lemongrass might be a revelation on the scent front for me in general – more of that, please!
Here’s what I did. I decided to start with their custom pre-filled Off-White Starter Kit Bundle (pictured above) because it gives me everything I need to kickstart my new non-toxic cleaning routine for spring, and bonus, I scored some serious discounts because of that. Here’s what was included:
- 1 Evergreen Glass All Purpose Cleaner
- 1 Evergreen Glass Liquid Dish Soap
- 1 Evergreen Glass Liquid Hand Soap
- 1 lemongrass Scented Natural Bar of Soap
- 1 Reusable Silicone Funnel in Linen Color
- 1 Wool Dryer Balls Set (3 Balls)
- Grab this bundle and get 20% off of your entire purchase, which is a savings of $33
- Free Bar of Soap in your first order
- Free Funnel for mess-free refills (Chris is SO pumped about this – Mr. practical loves that they thought of this and make it even easier for you to replenish your supplies)
- Free Shipping
You have the option to select one-off products rather than bundles, if that better suits your needs, but if you purchase 3+ glass items or 3+ refills, you qualify for that free shipping, which is awesome and the perfect way to get started and curate a complete, streamlined green cleaning routine! And as you can see, the glass containers ship pre-filled with cleaning solutions, so once they arrive you’ll be ready to rock. After purchasing your first order, you’ll then be entered into a carton refill subscription so you’ll always have what you need, but that can be paused, adjusted, or cancelled at any time if your needs change. Love that!
You could also grab their Refill Bundle (pictured below), which includes the following:
- 1 All Purpose Cleaner Refill
- 1 Liquid Dish Soap Refill
- 1 Liquid Hand Soap Refill
- 1 Package of Refill Dishwasher Tablets
- 1 Package of Refill Laundry Tablets
- 1 Lemongrass Scented Natural Bar of Soap
- 1 Reusable Silicone Funnel in Linen Color
- 1 Wool Dryer Balls, Set of 3 Balls
- Grab this bundle and get 20% off of your entire purchase, which is a savings of $25
- Free shipping
- Free bar of soap for your first order
- Free Funnel for mess-free refills
Of course there are about a dozen more reasons cleancult made it easy for us to finally find our green cleaning routine, all starting with what one key thing we’ve already touched on – transparency! I think transparency is just so incredibly important when you’re wading through the murky waters of trying to go green on the cleaning front. To that end, below are all of the things that made us believers in cleancult’s mission and products and what their products are all about, from the non-toxic, effective ingredients in their cleaning products to their sustainability model. Everything you need to know, and everything we love, listed below. And if you’re ready to finally find your green cleaning routine this spring and streamline the process, you can learn more and try it yourself You’ll be so glad you took the leap!
- Here’s the basics: cleancult makes non-toxic cleaning products strong enough to take on life’s messes and smart enough to save the world. They make stylish, shatter-resistant Evergreen glass bottles, have an easy refill system that reduces plastic waste, and are made with real, non-toxic ingredients that are delivered straight to your door when you need them. All of their products (including the wool dryer balls) are cruelty free and Leaping Bunny certified!
- Their products are free of formaldehyde, artificial colors, parabens, and phthalates. The natural formulas are ready to use and not made from concentrates and there’s no need to water them down. A little goes a long way, which they attribute to the power of coconuts! More about that below.
- Their ingredients may be non-toxic, but that doesn’t mean they’re not effective in helping you get that deep clean we all want and expect of our household cleaning products! We’ve probably all tried and tested green cleaners don’t exactly clean, but trust me when I say that cleancult’s definitely do. Their team of scientists in Puerto Rico dug deep to find natural ingredients that are tough on grit and grime, but easy on the environment, and it all starts with saponified coconut. Coconut oil’s fatty acids are known to have antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial properties and cleancult uses it as a base to fight off germs, dirt, grit, and grime, while also busting the myth that you need chemicals to clean. It’s totally safe for day-to-day and use and our planet’s future. Boom!
- Their liquid soaps, bars of soap, and cartons are made and assembled right here in the USA.
- Even better is their anti-landfill packaging. I think we can all agree at this point that plastic in our oceans or landfills piled high isn’t good. Cleancult’s direct-to-consumer refill model keeps their packaging green so that they’re not part of the problem. Thank you!
- They’ve invested in a partnership with Carbonfund.org to reduce their carbon emissions! CO2 contributes to climate change, severe weather events, and rising oceans and by monitoring their carbon footprint and staying carbon neutral, they can help us keep our homes clean knowing we’re not part of the problem, they’re part of the solution.
- Their refills are sent in low-cost, paper-based, 100% recyclable milk cartons and 100% recyclable paper mailers for the tablets.