Happy Tuesday, friends! We’re back at it with the Tuesday 10 here on the blog, and we have to say that we’ve been absolutely loving your response to this series. So keep those comments coming in the comments section below and on Instagram because we love hearing what your favorite discoveries from each week’s list are. You guys are the best!
And if you’re stopping by the blog for the first time, The Tuesday 10 is where we share what we’ve discovered in the last week that inspired us, that we enjoyed, or that we just found useful, and we’re passing the discovery on to you! And there are no rules that guide the kinds of things that make the list, so it’s a free for all. Enjoy!
1. One of the things I absolutely loathe in life, and I do mean loathe, is ironing. And what we both loathe even more is having to make the choice between spending tons of money at the dry cleaner or tons of our free time slaving over an iron. Hence the reason we’ve been closely following the progress of Effie, the automated ironing machine that’s making all of our dreams come true! I had the pleasure of chatting with Effie CEO Rohan Kamdar recently, and their story is so cool. The Effie project started as 2 people in a garage with one genius idea, and now it’s grown to 5 people in a warehouse who are on the verge of having a fully functioning unit. If there was ever a product I (and all of you) could root for, this is definitely it. As soon as Effie hits the market, I’ll be the first person in line to buy!
2. If you’ve been needing to snag some new home decor items, you won’t want to miss this! Tomorrow, April 25th, Wayfair is hosting its biggest sale of the year, the Way Day Sale. For one day only they’ll feature their lowest prices of the year and offer free shipping on ALL orders. They’re rolling out new deals every 6 hours, and the sale starts at midnight tonight, ending 24 hours later.
3. Ok this is actually two things, but we couldn’t choose between them! We’ve been loving the MaraNatha Coconut Almond Butter as of late. We add it to our morning smoothies, to our our toast and if we’re being honest, snack on it straight out of the jar by the spoonfuls. Almond butter is great, but the taste and health benefits of almond butter with coconut oil? Outa this world! We buy ours at our local Safeway, but I think Whole Foods carries it as well. Also, when C got his wisdom teeth out last week, he was snacking on Kite Hill Dairy-Free Vanilla Almond Yogurt, and now he’s hooked. A seriously awesome, relatively healthy treat, even if you’re not purposely trying to avoid dairy.
4. Now that spring is officially here, I can’t get enough of By Rosie Jane fragrances. The one I’ve been wearing almost every day is “Tilly” and it’s a completely heavenly, subtly floral and tropical mix of grapefruit, pineapple and coconut. Now I just need the candle and I’ll be in scent heaven all spring and summer long!
5. We’ve talked about our obsession with the TV show and podcast for Off Camera with Sam Jones before, but Josh Radnor’s recent episode (which you can watch online, on the Audience Network or listen to for free on the podcast) perfectly illustrates why it’s so good. Not only are the candid conversations with some of today’s most brilliant and interesting creatives fun and inspiring, but the best of them always have these nuggets of really valuable wisdom sprinkled throughout the conversation. Radnor talked about how the bigger his hit show How I Met Your Mother got, the unhappier he became. Of that surprising revelation he said, “The gift of my discontent with fame was that it punctured the illusion that a hit show would save my life, and it actually made me get very serious about what matters.” Totally worth a listen!
6. Now that the weather is on its way to majorly heating up here in Phoenix, I’ve got my mind on easy breezy dresses that will help me survive summer. And affordable retailer Mango has some seriously awesome dresses as of late that I’ve had sitting in my cart for days. I absolutely adore this lightweight blue striped midi, this seafoam eyelet mini with shoulder detail, this sweet white eyelet midi, this pink, ruffled, floral-print wrap midi and this cute blue and white seersucker midi with a tie-waist.
7. We briefly mentioned this a couple of weeks ago, and the moment has finally arrived! Our adorable friend and uber-talented chef extraordinaire Gaby Dalkin of super popular food blog What’s Gaby Cooking released her brand new cookbook last week, Everyday California Food, and the recipes inside are seriously mouth-watering. If you’re looking for the one cookbook you need this spring and summer, this is it!
8. When we posted all about the launch of Gal Meets Glam Collection on Friday, we were right to predict that these gorgeous (and fairly affordable) dresses by beloved style blogger Julia Engel would sell like crazy – sizes were selling out within the first hour on Friday morning. So if you haven’t checked them out at Nordstrom and the collection’s website yet, or scored a dress for yourself, hop to it!
9. We have a sound system throughout most of our house, but we don’t have it in our bathroom, so Chris got me the Wonderboom bluetooth speaker for my birthday so that I can listen to tunes with awesome sound quality while I shower. And when I tell you that this thing is ah-maz-ing, I’m not kidding! We’ve been so obsessed with this waterproof, portable speaker and its incredible sound quality ever since we got it that now we barely ever use our home’s sound system. We just move the Wonderboom from room to room! It also floats and you can pair it with another Wonderboom for serious surround sound. So, if you’re looking for an awesome gift for just about anyone (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, etc.), this is such a cool and useful little addition to anyone’s home or travel gear. We have the black, but I also love the light pink, the purple & teal, and the grey!
10. We’re not afraid to say it – despite our best efforts to keep our bodies hydrated from within and in turn, our scalps, sometimes we both suffer the dreaded dry, itchy scalp. And it’s super annoying! Not to mention really not cute. So one night before catching a movie we stopped in to Sephora and asked one of their lovely store associates for their recommended remedy for said problem. Her answer? The Cristophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt. She told us that this little jar of goodness was a “miracle worker,” and now that we’ve both been using it once a week for about 5 months, we’re happy to report that she wasn’t wrong! Chris is absolutely hooked on this stuff and keeps replenishing our supply. I’ve never, ever seen Chris obsess over a grooming product like he has over this! Also, it smells so, so good, which is always a huge bonus in my book.
Leave a Reply